Web Hosting Acceptable Use Policy
Below we outline the Acceptable use policy for our web hosting – This applies to all services provided by Nahnu Cloud.
We’ve tried to make it as straightforward as possible on the right side, but you should always refer to the entire document.
This policy was last reviewed on 13 January 2023.
The term “Unlimited”, “Unmetered” or ``LifeTime``
Our goal at Nahnu Cloud is to provide you with everything you need to get going without worrying about the hardware or servers; on some plans, we may offer “unmetered" or “unlimited' resources; it's important you understand how these work as they're often a vector for abuse and spam, so we do enforce some restrictions, for a large majority of users this will have no impact, but it’s essential you know what these limits are.
Some of what we don't allow is listed below; however it is not a complete list of things you're not able to run; please reach out to live chat for clarification if you are unsure; knowingly breaching these terms may lead to account suspension.
Mass File Storage, Mass File Archiving/backup, Mass Mailing, Torrenting or seeding, as a remote file host for other websites.
"Lifetime” Hosting should be defined as whilst the product is available for commercial resale or a minimum of 5 Years of service – Nahnu Cloud aims to provide services for as long as possible and has no planned obsolescence.
When you're sending Bits & Bytes.
Thankfully this one we can keep short, Don’t provoke, send or entertain any attacks or abuse of our network, or your account may be at risk of termination
We utilize excellent DDoS protection, but in the event of network downtime due to an attack, Nahnu Cloud will not be held liable for damages or downtimes out of our control – we do make every effort to ensure we are back up and running.
We allow and encourage you to use as much of your hosting storage as you need for your website, in line with standard WordPress use and your business.
You can use our services for Legitimate and legal purposes; our limits are fair and allow you to run your business without substantial hosting overheads; we expect you to follow Local Law and not use our service for anything illegal.
As we’re not a Storage provider, you’re not allowed to set up instances of OwnCloud or similar software to enable mass storage; DropBox, S3, and BackBlaze are great alternatives.
Thankfully this one we can keep short, Don’t provoke, send or entertain any attacks or abuse of our network, or your account may be at risk of termination.
A. RESOURCE USAGE
- The Web Hosting Services comprise web space on our servers to enable you to upload pages and files to publish websites.
- The Web Hosting Services allow you ‘unlimited’ server space for routine “non-file-distribution” web usage. We reserve the right to impose a bandwidth limit of 500 gigabytes per calendar month for our CDN.
- Non-file-distribution usage will remain unaffected by any limit imposed on downloading video, audio, or other files.
- In your use of the Web Hosting Services (other than where you are using your virtual private server), you may not:
- use more than 10% of our platform’s processing capacity or more than 250% of your individually provisioned CPU allocation, whichever comes first. Numerous activities could cause such problems, including (but not limited to) CGI scripts and intensive FTP, PHP, or HTTP operations
- running stand-alone, unattended server-side processes or any daemons; including (but not limited to) IRCd
- running any type of web spider or indexer
- run any software that interfaces with an Internet Relay Chat network
- run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrent files off-site but may not host or store them on our servers
- participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
- run any gaming servers
- run entries or other scheduled tasks other than by configuring them through our control panel
- give away web space under a domain (including Resellers giving away free websites)
- operate a proxy website or service
- as a remote file host for other websites
- operate self-hosted file sync or similar “cloud storage” based services, including (but not limited to) OwnCloud, Pydio, and Sparkleshare.
- You must not use the Hosting Services as an offsite backup facility. Therefore, all files uploaded to our servers as part of your usage of the Hosting Services must be visible and accessible to the outside world (web-visible) unless they are needed to operate the website of which they form part; We reserve the right to delete files or directories that are not web-visible without giving notice to you.
- If your use of the Services results in activity that is harmful to the performance of disk space resources, such as the creation of large system-generated or application-generated files (e.g., log files, backup files, and cache files), we may take remedial action, including removal of system/application-generated files and limiting your use of the Services, as necessary to protect the stability of the Services. You agree to cooperate with us to ensure that your use of the Services does not harm the performance of disk space resources.
- All pages of the website stored on our servers as part of the Hosting Services will be available to search engines unless you take action to prevent this. If you wish to optimize your web pages for search engines, you agree to use coding and techniques which comply with the guidelines issued by Google, Bing, Yahoo, and other large search engines.
- MySQL Databases are limited to 2GB in size; when reaching this size, we will notify you to ensure it’s a valid Database and not a rouge process.
- If you are a Reseller and deactivate a resold web hosting account, we will delete it after 50 days.
- Do not use the Services for bandwidth-intensive activities, including (but not limited to) the distribution or serving of video files, audio files, and downloadable digital assets (e.g., downloadable zip and pdf files). Client Websites that incorporate these types of activities should utilize a suitable third-party storage provider, ensure these assets are served by a content delivery network (CDN), or otherwise configure Client Websites to deliver these assets using a method that provides Nahnu Cloud’s network does not incur the bandwidth associated with these activities. The Client is responsible for configuring Client Websites to utilize an appropriate delivery method for these activities.
- Our plans may allow you to send a certain amount of transactional emails daily, and you agree not to stay within the maximum amounts listed on our website. If you exceed your daily transactional email quota, we may offer to upgrade your plan, or you can a third-party provider to send transactional emails. We may refuse to deliver emails on your behalf if you refuse to upgrade your plan or use a third-party provider.
- Lifetime basis. Unless terminated as provided for under the terms of this Agreement, Nahnu Cloud agrees to provide the Customer with the Service on a “lifetime” basis. Lifetime shall be defined as long as Nahnu Cloud continues to provide the sold hosting package as a commercial service or, in any event, a minimum of 5 years from the date of Customer sign-up. Lifetime hosting packages are per the named Customer and are not transferable to any other entity, for any reason, in any way, or under any circumstances whatsoever.
B. PROHIBITED USES
- You may use the Hosting Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Hosting Services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect
- to harm or attempt to harm minors in any way
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards (see below)
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (also known as SPAM – see below)
to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to ato affect the operation of any computer software or hardware adversely
In the event of prohibited use – All services on the user’s account will immediately be terminated without compensation, save for situations where a court order demands evidence be turned over to law enforcement.
The user will be permanently banned from holding any further service with Nahnu Cloud, and all relevant parties.
Order of Execution During Abuse Offenses
1 – The offending service will be brought offline, and left in a suspended state.
2 – A support ticket will be opened to the service owner detailing the offense and the necessary steps to resolve the situation.
3 – Once the service owner replies to the ticket acknowledging that they understand the issue and how to correct the problem, the service will be reactivated, and the service owner will have 24 hours to prevent further abuse.
Failure to address abuse cases will result in your services being suspended and, in extreme cases, terminated.
C. CONTENT STANDARDS
- These content standards apply to any and all material you allow to be hosted through the Hosting Services and any associated interactive services.
- You must comply with the spirit of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any Material and its whole.
- Material must:
- be accurate (where they state facts)
- be genuinely held (where they state opinions)
- comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted
- Material must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory to any person
- contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful, or inflammatory
- contain any material that is pornographic
- promote violence
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person
- be likely to deceive any person
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- promote any illegal activity
- be threatening, abusing or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience, or needless anxiety
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm, or annoy any other person
- be used to impersonate any person, misrepresent your identity, or affiliation with any person,
m. give the impression that they emanate from us; if this is not the case
- advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse
D. ZERO TOLERANCE SPAM POLICY
- We take a zero-tolerance stance against sending unsolicited emails, bulk emailing, and spam. We may terminate the account of any user who sends out spam with or without notice
- Websites advertised as spam may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to, spam sent via fax, phone, postal mail, email, instant messaging, or newsgroups. Any user account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.
- Nahnu Cloud reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any website, account, database, or component that does not comply with our policy
- Nahnu Cloudreserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited email, a clean-up fee, or any charges incurred for blacklist removal at our sole discretion
- You agree not to:
- re-sell or offer for the use of third parties any part of our Hosting Services unless a specific Reseller product has been purchased,
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt
- any part of the Hosting Services
- any equipment or network used to provide the Hosting Services
- any software used in the provision of the Hosting Services
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
- If you deactivate a resold Hosting Service for 50 consecutive days, we will automatically delete this Hosting Service.
- You are responsible for the good housekeeping of your Reseller Service. You agree to delete files and Hosting Services that are no longer required
F. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- 1. We will determine, at our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the Hosting Services. When a breach of this policy happens, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach of our terms and conditions of sale upon which you are permitted to use the Hosting Services and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Hosting Services
- immediate, temporary, or permanent removal of any Material (as defined in paragraph above) uploaded to our servers
- issue a warning to you
- issue of legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach
- further legal action against you
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary
G. STORAGE AND SECURITY
At all times, You shall bear the risk of loss and damage to Your server and all your server content. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and account information. You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for all acts, omissions, and use under and charges incurred with Your account or password or in connection with the server or any of Your server content displayed, linked, transmitted through, or stored on the server. You shall be solely responsible for undertaking measures to (i) prevent any loss or damage to Your server content; (ii) maintain independent archival and backup copies of Your server content; (iii) ensure the security, confidentiality, and integrity of Your server content transmitted through or stored on Nahnu Cloud servers; and (iv) ensure the confidentiality of Your password. Nahnu Cloud services are not intended for data backup or archiving purposes. Using an account as an online storage space for archiving electronic files is prohibited, and will terminate hosting services without prior notice. We’re right to delete Your archives if they affect Our overall server performance, and Nahnu Cloud shall have no liability to You or any other person for any of Your content’s loss, damage, or destruction. Unfortunately, the services offered by Nahnu Cloud are not intended to provide a PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliant environment and, therefore, should not be used as such without further compliance activity. Nahnu Cloud shall have no liability to You or any other person for Your use of Nahnu Cloud products and/or services in violation of these terms.
General Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy covers the products, services, and technologies (collectively referred to as the “Products”) provided by Nahnu Cloud under any ongoing agreement. It’s designed to protect us, our customers, and the general Internet community from unethical, irresponsible, and illegal activity.
Nahnu Cloud customers found engaging in activities prohibited by this acceptable use policy can be liable for service suspension and account termination. In extreme cases, we may be legally obliged to report such customers to the relevant authorities.
This policy was last reviewed on 18 December 2022.
We provide our facilities with the assumption your use will be “business as usual”, as per our offer schedule. If your use is considered to be excessive, then additional fees may be charged, or capacity may be restricted.
We are opposed to all forms of abuse, discrimination, rights infringement, and/or any action that harms or disadvantages any group, individual, or resource. We expect our customers and, where applicable, their users (“end-users”) to likewise engage our Products with similar intent.
We regard our customers as being responsible for their own actions as well as for the actions of anyone using our Products with the customer’s permission. This responsibility also applies to anyone using our Products on an unauthorized basis as a result of the customer’s failure to put in place reasonable security measures.
By accepting Products from us, our customers agree to ensure adherence to this policy on behalf of anyone using the Products as their end users. Complaints regarding the actions of customers or their end-users will be forwarded to the nominated contact for the account in question.
If a customer — or their end-user or anyone using our Products as a result of the customer — violates our acceptable use policy, we reserve the right to terminate any Products associated with the offending account or the account itself or take any remedial or preventative action we deem appropriate, without notice. To the extent permitted by law, no credit will be available for interruptions of service resulting from any violation of our acceptable use policy.
Copyright infringement and access to unauthorized material
Our Products must not be used to transmit, distribute or store any material in violation of any applicable law. This includes but isn’t limited to:
- any material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret, or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and
- any material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat or violates export control laws.
The customer is solely responsible for all material they input, upload, disseminate, transmit, create or publish through or on our Products, and for obtaining legal permission to use any works included in such material.
SPAM and unauthorized message activity
Our Products must not be used for the purpose of sending unsolicited bulk or commercial messages in violation of the laws and regulations applicable to your jurisdiction (“spam”). This includes but isn’t limited to sending spam, soliciting customers from spam sent from other service providers, and collecting replies to spam sent from other service providers.
Our Products must not be used for the purpose of running unconfirmed mailing lists or telephone number lists (“messaging lists”). This includes but isn’t limited to subscribing email addresses or telephone numbers to any messaging list without the permission of the email address or telephone number owner, and storing any email addresses or telephone numbers subscribed in this way. All messaging lists run on or hosted by our Products must be “confirmed opt-in”. Verification of the address or telephone number owner’s express permission must be available for the lifespan of the messaging list.
We prohibit the use of email lists, telephone number lists or databases purchased from third parties intended for spam or unconfirmed messaging list purposes on our Products.
This spam and unauthorized message activity policy applies to messages sent using our Products, or to messages sent from any network by the customer or any person on the customer’s behalf, that directly or indirectly refer the recipient to a site hosted via our Products.
Unethical, exploitative, and malicious activity
Our Products must not be used for the purpose of advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service designed to violate this acceptable use policy, or the acceptable use policy of other service providers. This includes but isn’t limited to facilitating the means to send spam and the initiation of network sniffing, pinging, packet spoofing, flooding, mail-bombing, and denial-of-service attacks.
Our Products must not be used to access any account or electronic resource where the group or individual attempting to gain access does not own or is not authorized to access the resource (e.g. “hacking”, “cracking”, “phreaking”, etc.).
Our Products must not be used for the purpose of intentionally or recklessly introducing viruses or malicious code into our Products and systems.
Our Products must not be used for purposely engaging in activities designed to harass another group or individual. Our definition of harassment includes but is not limited to denial-of-service attacks, hate-speech, advocacy of racial or ethnic intolerance, and any activity intended to threaten, abuse, infringe upon the rights of, or discriminate against any group or individual.
Other activities considered unethical, exploitative, and malicious include:
- Obtaining (or attempting to obtain) services from us with the intent to avoid payment;
- Using our facilities to obtain (or attempt to obtain) services from another provider with the intent to avoid payment;
- The unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction (or any attempt thereof) of any information about our customers or end-users, by any means or device;
- Using our facilities to interfere with the use of our facilities and network by other customers or authorized individuals;
- Publishing or transmitting any content of links that incite violence, depict a violent act, depict child pornography, or threaten anyone’s health and safety;
- Any act or omission in violation of consumer protection laws and regulations;
- Any violation of a person’s privacy.
Our Products may not be used by any person or entity, which is involved with or suspected of involvement in activities or causes relating to illegal gambling; terrorism; narcotics trafficking; arms trafficking or the proliferation, development, design, manufacture, production, stockpiling, or use of nuclear, chemical or biological weapons, weapons of mass destruction, or missiles; in each case including any affiliation with others whatsoever who support the above such activities or causes.
Unauthorized use of Nahnu Cloud property
We prohibit the impersonation of Nahnu Cloud, the representation of a significant business relationship with Nahnu Cloud, or ownership of any Nahnu Cloud property (including our Products and brand) for the purpose of fraudulently gaining service, custom, patronage, or user trust.
About this policy
This policy outlines a non-exclusive list of activities and intent we deem unacceptable and incompatible with our brand.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time by publishing the revised version on our website. The revised version will be effective from the earlier of:
- the date the customer uses our Products after we publish the revised version on our website; or
- 30 days after we publish the revised version on our website.